Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Protein Power.

I've never been a big supplement type of person. I've always just tried to get enough out of the food I eat. Recently, with the increase work-out load I've taken on, I felt like my body just wasn't functioning very well. I was eating healthy, sleeping well but still heavy on my feet. I started taking a whey protein shake in the morning before I worked out. And, so far, so good. It been helping my muscles work well in the morning {this is the only time I work out} and I feel my body responding well to the extra boost of protein. I really like this article one of the personal trainers at work gave me. It outlines some important key points about the timing of a good workout related to when and what you eat.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/27/ori-hofmekler-on-timing-of-meals.aspx

No comments: