Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Can it be true?


Here I am with my running buddy Rebecca. It's 5:45 am and we are waiting for the bus to take us to the starting line. Here I am thinking, "Seriously. I think I am going to ask the bus driver for a ride home." I was pretty nervous. Looking back, I would have done SO many things differently. I would have put more sunscreen on, I would have gone a minute slower the first three miles, I would have pinned my gel packs to my pants, I would have...I would have...I guess that's why they call me a rookie. Which makes me wonder (now that most of the muscle pain is gone and the sunburn is calm) when will I sign up for another one?

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

YEAH!!! You're totally gonna do another one! I feel the same way, there are so many things I would do differently (in training as well as the actual race) Mainly I would take all my long runs a lot slower, increase my mileage slower, and cross train way more! I definitely won't be doing another marathon in the near future, but maybe Grandma's again next year?